An old couple taking photos and admiring the view


Direct Deposit Changes

Important note: If mail is returned from the last known address of the pension recipient, the CSSB will make reasonable attempts to contact the recipient and update the information. Upon the discretion of the CSSB, further pension payments may cease until contact is made with the pension recipient.

Pension payments are deposited the second last business day of the month. Changes to direct deposit information must be submitted to the Board in writing at least a few weeks in advance.

To change your direct deposit we require a voided cheque or a direct deposit form from your financial institution that MUST be signed and dated. We will not make the change without the member’s signature. Please make sure to include your pension PIN number or your SIN with your signature.

The cheque image below shows where to get the proper banking information from your cheque.

cheque image

If needed, complete a CSSB Direct Deposit Change Form for pension payments.

International Direct Deposit

To serve our members better, we have made arrangements with Western Union that will allow us to send your pension benefit directly to a bank account in your country of residence.

To set up or change these arrangements, complete both sides of the CSSB Foreign Direct Deposit Enrolment Form.

Keep in mind:

  • Your pension amount would be converted to the national currency of the country of the bank account you specify.
  • The amount of your pension payment may vary from month to month based on changes in international exchange rates.
  • You should receive the payment within five business days of the Canadian pension payment dates.
  • Any fees associated with receiving funds through this method will be your responsibility.

How Do I Send in a Change to My Direct Deposit Information?

Do not email your direct deposit change!

You can send your direct deposit change through:

  • your Online Services Under Document Centre (top left of screen), select “Send CSSB A Document”,
  • fax to 1-204-945-0237, or
  • mail to:

    The Civil Service Superannuation Board
    c/o Pension Department
    1200-444 St. Mary Avenue
    Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 3T1